Peyote & Mescaline , Buttons, Cactus, Mesc, and Peyoto
Peyote & Mescaline , Buttons, Cactus, Mesc, and Peyoto is a small, spineless cactus. The active ingredient in peyote is the hallucinogen mescaline.
WHAT IS ITS ORIGIN?
From earliest recorded time, peyote has been used by natives in northern Mexico and the southwestern United States as a part of their religious rites. Mescaline can be extracted from peyote or produced synthetically.
What are common street names?
Common street names include:
• Buttons, Cactus, Mesc, and Peyoto
Mescaline produces perceptual, cognitive, and emotional experiences that vary widely among users based on size, setting, expectations, personality, and drug history. The only documented long-term effect of mescaline is a possible prolonged psychotic state similar to that of paranoid schizophrenia. It is suggested that this may only affect those who were previously diagnosed as mentally ill.
• Numbness, tension, anxiety, rapid reflexes, muscle twitches and weakness, impaired motor coordination, dizziness, trembling, dilation of the pupils
• Increased blood pressure and heart rate
• Intense nausea and violence
• Appetite suppression
• Elevated body temperature and sweating
• Chills and sweating
• Vivid mental images and distorted vision
• Synesthesia: perception of seeing music or hearing colors
• Altered space and time perception
• Joy, exhilaration, panic, extreme anxiety, or terror
• Distorted sense of body (users can feel either weighed down or weightless)
• Heightened sensory experience (i.e. brighter colors, sharper visual definition, increased hearing acuity, more distinguished taste)
• Difficulty focusing, maintaining attention, concentrating, and thinking
• Loss of sense of reality; melding past experiences with present
• Preoccupation with trivial thoughts, experiences, or objects
• Slang Terms for Peyote:
o Bad seed, britton, hikori, hikuli, half moon, hyatari, P, nubs, seni, tops
• Slang Terms for Mescaline:
o Cactus, cactus buttons, cactus joint, mesc, mescal, mese, mezc, moon, topi
• Use and Users
o Cactus head – peyote user
o Love trip – mescaline and MDMA or MDA